- If you are new to Android then you may be wondering what is Odin3? So First let me explain to you that Odin is a Firmware Flashing tool developed by Samsung.You can Flash Any Firmware Image file or Custom Recoveries like TWRP via Odin Flashing tool.You can use CF-Auto-Root which is developed by Chainfire (same guys who developed SuperSu) with Odin3 to root most of the Samsung Galaxy Smartphones.
- There are times when users want to flash the latest firmware update manually.Odin3 made that thing easier and safer.In Nexus, Oneplus and many devices users have to use ADB and Fastboot commands to perform any flashing but Samsung Galaxy users can flash that via Odin3 Flashing Tool.
- Odin is one of the most popular flashing tool available in the market.Samsung Galaxy devices are developer friendly.One of the best things regarding Samsung devices is the simple availableness of stock firmware and the easier methodology for flashing them.
- Using Odin, you can flash files with .tar.md5 or .tar extensions, but Odin doesn’t recognise .zip file extension.But Samsung Firmware Update are in .tar.md5 or .tar format.
- Odin is a must have tool for Samsung Galaxy users.This tool can be used to flash the stock firmware on any Galaxy devices if you want to revert back to factory settings.It can also be used to Fix bootloop, Soft Bricked and Black screen issue.All these issues can be fixed by flashing the stock firmware on the Galaxy device.
- Samsung’s Odin Flashing tool works only On Windows PC and laptops. If you want to use it on Mac or Linux, you can download Heimdall or the Java version of the Odin tool.We are also sharing these files below.